Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How baby B came to be!

We thought it would be fun to share in the story of the making of baby b! Derek and I planned a trip to Europe with my grandparents from mid Sept to mid Oct 2008. We decided that it would be fun to see if we might get lucky in Europe. We loved the idea and romance of being able to tell our baby that they were conceived in Europe. So, anyway, fast forward to the very end of the trip - Venice, Italy. We had no intention of taking a pregnancy test in Europe! But, something happened to me that made me think we should take one. I had a feeling that I was pregnant and I just had to know. What better then to get pregnant in Europe and find out there as well. So, I convinced Derek that we should take a test. The next morning while he was still asleep. I got up around 7am, went to the bathroom and opened my Italian pregnancy test! Of course, the writing was in Italian. Two options:
Non Incinta
Incinta!!!!!!
And, yes, in true Italian fashion, there were exclamation marks after the YES! I waited for what seemed like an eternity and then right before my eyes were two pink lines in the window with all the exclamations!
I went and excitedly jumped on Derek and woke him up to the good news. He smiled and said "really"!
Needless to say, we were on cloud nine and the next two days in Venice were pure bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment